Sunday, November 23, 2008

Photographing Your Home

Shutter Sisters has a great post about whether you need to travel anywhere to find the muse or if you can find it right in your backyard. Its something I struggle with all the time. Every weekend I say I am going to pack up the car, the dog, the camera and head out. Every weekend I end up saying NEXT weekend I am going to....

As they say in the article, based on Bob's post last year at No Traces it is true some of my most popular photos were taken inside my home or in the near vicinity of it. I wonder why that is. Is it the fact that in your own surroundings you are more comfortable and confident? Not so afraid to get belly down on the ground in front of your family or the neighbors. More willing to try something different.

Here are a few of my "from home" shots...

Taken last Valentines Day from some flowers my neices brought me.


IMG_9074, originally uploaded by thrivestyle.

Taken last weekend as the sole remaining leaf strives to hold on to its home


158, originally uploaded by thrivestyle.

Tea time

029, originally uploaded by thrivestyle.

So show me your favorite home shots! Oh and the first comment receives an 8x8 of the macro photo above!

No comments: