Saturday, January 31, 2009

Remember this little Guy

I have had the honor of photographing Jack since before he was born (I did his mom's maternity pics and his newborn shots). These are his 3 months photo, its so fun to watch him grow. Shooting an infant can be a challenge as you have to just go for it since you can't ask them to pose and there is no control over their emotions or facial expressions. But it can also be so much fun, as long as you are open to whatever the little one offers up and also have parents who see the memories and cuteness in even the grumpiest of faces. I highly recommend shooting the session in their home so that they are as comfortable as possible and so that the shots truly reflect what was going on in their lives at the time.

When doing a "first year" progression I always try to recreate certain poses so that the growth and changes are even more evident.

Here is Jack at 3 months...I love the "bear papoose" that his mom puts him in when he goes outside in the cold. So adorable.


1 comment:

Toni said...

I LOVE that grumpy face - how cute is he?? Really well done photos - all of them.